Thursday 13 March 2014

Sunday - day of the shave

My name is Christy Strever, I run a website called ShowMe Plett www.showmeplett.co.za. Thanks to Daron Chatz Photography & Film you can see what we did for CANSA. vimeo.com/88661258 

This blog is dedicated for those of you who are interested as to the changes I have been experiencing. 

How I slept my first night
Having long hair all my life my head has been kept protected and warm. My hair is very thick so now that I have none I'm more susceptible to the cold. Even if there is a slight breeze I can feel it, on Sunday I kept getting 'ice-cream headaches'. My head was also very sensitive so I was relieved when people weren't rubbing it all the time - even stepping into the shower it was a bit much.

Sleeping - well this was very interesting. My head was freezing! I wrapped it up nice and warm in a throw that was on my bed. Thank goodness it was just a one night thing - I'm finally used to sleeping with a spiky head :) 

How did my dog react to the hair? She didn't bat an eyelid at the change  - I don't even know if she notices it.

My nieces love it! Lucy even wants her hair short now....sorry Claire

This is just an intro...wait until you read about the pick up lines....


No comments:

Post a Comment